Wednesday, February 21, 2007

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW.....

It 2:07 a.m. & I am super wide awake. I took a nap before my 8:15 yoga class & did not wake up! I don’t have an alarm clock…for some reason my body (or mind) goes on auto-pilot & no matter what time I sleep, I always get up by 7:30 am. I thought I could program myself to get up 15 minutes before yoga class but apparently it failed. I guess I need to restructure some “MANual” program in my life….hahahaha!!! On the brigher side, I think I deserve the rest & now I have energy to write on my blog. I love the blog. I told my best friend couple of weeks ago how I wonder how people have enough time to write a blog…now here I am addicted to it. I guess we all have time to write a blog, we all have time to do anything, everything we want, if we put our hearts into it.

So, I turned some music & put the shuffle mode in my Itunes. The first song that played is Anne Murray’s version of “Somewhere Over The Rainbow.” I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I almost cried. I was happy & sad & NOSTALGIC! My sister & I used to come over Cristie’s (my longest best friend) house & watch the “betamax” again & again & again. We loved the song & we loved being scared by the “green” witch. It was one of our favorite movies (together with Care Bears, My Little Pony, ThunderCats, to name a few)…



I loved the part where everyone became friends & they traveled together so they could have their wishes granted: The Scarecrow - his brains, the Tinman - his Heart, the Lion his courage, and Dorothy - to be HOME...The BASICS of life: Knowledge to succeed, Heart to Love, and Courage to continue life’s journey even through all the failures and obstacles so we can find HOME….just love it! And I love the magical red slippers. I dreamt & wished & prayed for the red slippers for so long. Like what Glinda, the good witch told Dorothy: “If you can't find your heart's desire in your own backyard, then you never really lost it to begin with.” And I realize that it has always been my heart’s desire to travel….from the moment I was processing my passport in college, from the moment I stepped on the plane on my way to Australia, from the moment I came to America to work…I knew that it has always been my dream & desire to travel to all these magical places just like Dorothy....I promise myself I won't give up till I reach my heart's desires....

Somewhere Over The Rainbow….I love the song….it is the epitome of hopes and dreams of youthful aspiration for an ideal world of love and joy. It depicts a child’s desire for an escape from the "hopeless jumble" of this world, from the sadness of raindrops to the bright new world "over the rainbow." It expresses the childlike faith that "Heaven" will magically "open a door" to a place where "troubles melt like lemon-drops."


"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?




Last but not the least, I most especially loved the part where Glinda instructed Dorothy to "tap your heels together and repeat the words, 'There's no place like home'." She awakens in her bedroom in Kansas surrounded by family and friends and tells them of her journey. Everyone laughs and tells her it was all a bad dream. A happy Dorothy, still convinced the journey was real, hugs Toto and says "There's no place like home."



HOME……where there's FAMILY, FRIENDS, LOVE & LIFE, where there's MAGIC, where DREAMS are ALIVE, where I feel COMPLETE, where ever I may be, that is HOME for me. So, I thank you LORD, for making me feel at home always, when you are with me.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yes ... this is very much you ... a rainbow of love ... :) XA