Thursday, April 12, 2007

HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE

GOOD FRIDAY - The day when Jesus suffered & died in the cross for our sins. I attended a service that day & felt sad and grateful that Jesus had to go through all the pain just to save us from our sins. Yes, I am a sinner saved by the grace of God -- His mercy is amazing! Yes, we commemorate Good Friday because it is a reminder of His UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for us.

SAD FRIDAY - I will surely miss Mr. Daniels. I couldn't believe when my sister called me & told me the news that he passed away last Friday. I've worked as a caregiver on the weekends for Mr. Daniels for almost a year. He has RTD -right temporal dementia. Dementia (from Latin de- "apart, away" + mens (genitive mentis) "mind") is the progressive decline in cognitive function due to damage or disease in the brain beyond what might be expected from normal aging.

Mr. Daniels is so far the most amazing pianist that I met in person. I will surely miss playing the piano with him especially our favorite piece: Chopin's Etude No. 3 (Tritesse).



Nikki (he's half Sheep & Husky) loves to sing when we play this piece in the piano

Here's another picture of Nikki when he's jealous that I'm playing with Ceci (the cat).

He is the one of the kindest, smartest, nicest, person I've ever known in my entire life. I've learned so much in the aspects of Love, Respect, Kindness, Patience, Understanding, and NEVER giving up on the person that you love. For me, knowing the Daniels couple is a blessing.



Here's a funny picture - I think Mr. Daniels is tired of posing in the camera already. His smile will surely be missed a lot....

And inspite of his condition, Mr. Daniels is always HAPPY! Never a dull moment with him. He never complained about anything. He always smile & laugh. I am sure that he is singing with the angels right now.






It is a simple yet profound truth: HAPPINESS IS INDEED A CHOICE. I'm not going to let circumstances rule over my emotions. If we allow ourselves to be angry, upset or aggravated, we are hurting not only other people, but most especially ourselves. I realized that my happiness does not rely on material wealth, it is more than that. So I pray, Lord, help me to be strong & not to allow negative thoughts & emotions rule over my heart. My choice is simple: I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY NOT ONLY TODAY BUT EVERYDAY IN MY LIFE. I hope that I can bring happiness to others and not sorrow, especially to my loved ones. Thank you Lord for everything, for making me realize how lucky I am that I am able to make this choice; for loving me unconditionally. I pray that you will take care of Mr. Daniels, I am sure he is in heaven with you right now....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happiness is a choice, I did learn the same a couple of years ago ... that was truly a turning point in m life ... :) XA