Thursday, October 25, 2007

Legacy

Almost 6 months have passed since my last blog. A lot of things have happened in the last six months. Amazing things....I'm getting married to the man of my dreams, my soul mate, the love of my life. Sad things....because I will be far away from my family & friends as I am moving to Seattle next month. But then these things could not have happened. I could have been dead by now, after that "almost" bear attack in San Gorgonio...I guess the only reason that I am alive is that it wasn't my time yet. I realized at that exact moment that there is really nothing and no one that you can rely on except God. I never prayed so hard in my entire life like that night that I can hear the bear(or bears) sniffing outside our tent. I realized how easily our lives can be taken away at a blink of an eye. I thought about my family, friends, and most of all Chick Chick (aka as Andrea to everyone else and who's in Nepal right now), and I realized that when we die, the only thing that people especially our loved ones can or will remember is our LEGACY. So now that I'm safe in the comfort of my small apt. (aka nest), I wonder what will be my legacy....will my family remember me as a loving sister, aunt, daughter, cousin, niece; will my friends remember me as real & true friend; will people remember me as a good Christian; will Andrea remember how much I love him....It hit me hard that when we are gone, the only thing that really matters is our legacy....All these materials things do not matter anymore. I pondered on these questions: Did I choose to love & learn & forgive & forget??? I know that God gave me another reason to live. It is because He wants me to learn again the true meaning of love - unconditional love, as what Jesus has done for us. I am a Christian and I am proud of my faith. But do I practice what I preach? There are a lot of things that I need to fix in my life. I pray that I will be able to fix these things before I die so I pray that I will have a bigger heart to learn how to be more forgiving, patient, kind, loving, sweet, strong, determined. This is the legacy that I want to leave behind...

No comments: