Wednesday, February 14, 2007

post valentine's day


My lovely niece at the beach....


Real love....just listen to a child's heart and you find real love. I read my niece's Valentine's card (I guess they have to make this in school or homework or something) to her parents and I was so touched with her explanations why she loves them: "I love you when I am sad," "I love you when I am scared," "I love you when I am bad." Simple yet profound. Indeed the simplest things in life are the most profound: a touch, a kiss, a hug, a smile, a hand to hold.....

Again, I celebrated Valentine's Day by myself -- this is the 2nd year that I did not have a date (I guess by choice, hahaha) on Valentine's & I'm proud of it! :) ....... (I just had to post the roses that my co-worker got from her husband 'cos they're beautiful.)

This is silly & a little bit embarrassing........but today is actually not ASH WEDNESDAY! I left work an hour early so I could go to yoga class and visit church afterwards. I was thinking that it has been years that I practiced Ash Wednesday, and I should try to do it this year. I got home...checked the church service schedule and thought that there was a typographical error on the bulletin...Ash Wednesday Service - 8pm, 2/21??? I was so embarrassed that I decided to hide my previous posting & deleted the "Ash Photos," but who cares....I'm posting it back because I meant everything that I wrote last night. On the brighter side, I'm happy that I was able to go to Joy's class (my good friend who just recently finished the teacher's training). I had a great practice....thanks to yoga, I think my "focus" is back. Hahahaha! In fact, I am glad that I am able to realize how blessed I am, and I do not have to wait for Ash Wednesday nor Valentine's Day to thank God for ALL His blessings in my life. Now, my next purpose is also to be a blessing to others....

Can't wait for Friday & the weekend.....Yes, I am happy it is Valentine's Day (eventhough it's not yet Ash Wednesday)....EXTREMELY HAPPY!


No comments: